This week’s SELF-LOVE theme is spirituality. What is spirituality? One might ask. Obviously there is no single definition. However, it generally includes a sense of connection to something bigger than us, and it typically involves a search for meaning in life. After all, we are spiritual beings living a human experience.
For most of us, spirituality is the most important part of our being. It is our soul. It is our core essence. It is what keeps us going each day. Iyami Naturals wants to help guide you with ways to being more spiritual.
- Be thankful: There is nothing more rewarding than being thankful. Have you given thanks for waking up this morning? Have you given thanks to being in a far better situation than you could be in? Sometimes we take the little things for granted not realizing that those little things keep us going forward. Start each day by proclaiming what you are thankful for.
- Forgiveness: Forgive someone you have been holding a grudge against since forever ago. Did you know that being angry can make you sick and hold you back from moving forward in life? You do not have to forget what the person did to you, but you can accept that they did it and move on. Do not carry that negative weight with you. It only makes you grow old faster and we don’t want that.
- Proclaim it: Lay claim to how your life is going to go. As they say: “Put it out in the universe and it shall happen.” When you have faith then the possibilities are endless. Once you claim what you want, have faith that it will happen. Meanwhile, continue to work towards your claim. Faith without works is dead. You can’t expect things to just fall out of the sky and voila! It’s there. Most successful people have worked very hard to be successful. If you believe it, you can achieve it.
- Connect to the world through nature: Take a hike, do yoga, go to the zoo, go on a boat ride. Do something outside that does not require you being on your electronic devices. Sometimes you have to disconnect to connect. Pay attention to how the leaves fall from the tree. How they sway in the wind before hitting the ground. Watch how the squirrel scavenges for nuts and takes them to its favorite hiding spot. Pay attention to the world around you. You may realizes how disconnected you are from it and from yourself.
- Choose a mantra that will empower and inspire you when repeating it: Wake yourself up with some positive words.
Practicing these techniques will help you stay spiritually centered. You will feel connected to yourself and the world around you. Staying in tuned spiritually will not prevent you from ever experiencing adverse events, but it will give you the strength to transverse across those tribulations to happier times. Therefore make building your spiritual practice a top priority as its the most fundamental step in the journey to loving yourself.